Re: [squid-users] CLOSE_WAIT state in Squid leads to bandwidth drop

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:46:50 +0000

On Tuesday 26 November 2013 at 11:37, SaRaVanAn wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am doing a small test for bandwidth measurement of my test setup
> while squid is running. I am running a script to pump the traffic from
> client browser to Web-server via Squid box.

Er, do you really mean you are sending data from the browser to the server?

> The script creates around 50 user sessions and tries to do wget of randomly
> selected dynamic URL's.

That sounds more standard - wget will fetch data from the server to the
browser.

What do you mean by "dynamic URLs"? Where / how is the content actually being
generated?

> After some time,

Please define.

> I'm observing a drop in bandwidth of the link,

Please define - what network setup are you using - what bandwidth are you
getting at the start. what level does it drop to, does it return to the
previous level?

> Squid version : 2.6.STABLE14

That is rather old (the last release of the 2.6 branch was STABLE23 September
2009). Is there any reason you have not upgraded to a current version?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.