Re: [squid-users] Re: Responses to squidclient and browser are different

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 15:37:51 +1300

On 7/12/2013 3:10 p.m., mangpo wrote:
> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote
>> On 7/12/2013 12:10 p.m., mangpo wrote:
>>> I config the squid cache such that it caches pretty much everything and
>>> pretends those pages are fresh for a long time.
>>
>> This is a Very Bad Idea, but your problem happens regardless of what you
>> configure so I will skip that for now...
>>
>> Because "Vary:Cookie" the object returned for that URL changes depending
>> on content encoded inside the Cookie headers.
>
> I know it's not a good idea to do that in general, but I need it for this
> particular project.

Which is what exactly?

> Anyway, is there anyway to ignore this Vary header?

Why dont you just use the wget tool to take a snapshot of the website as
it is right now and serve that up to your visitors for the next 6 days?

That is what you seem to be trying to do right now and it would be far
easier to do that than to force Squid to violate HTTP protocol in some
many ways. Squid is designed specifically to provide up to date content
fast, not to archive obsolete content.

Amos