Re: [squid-users] Re: Responses to squidclient and browser are different

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 05:06:56 +0200

Hey Mangpo,

On 07/12/13 04:37, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> >Anyway, is there anyway to ignore this Vary header?
> Why dont you just use the wget tool to take a snapshot of the website as
> it is right now and serve that up to your visitors for the next 6 days?
If you want you can use ICAP to do that and which I do not think it's a
good idea.

Some ISPs in the world have tried the approach of serving stale content
and the result was indeed less bandwidth but also less clients.

If your clients do want to access this specific site and it is not
giving the client any way to LOGIN and access content by login I would
say that it's a site which like serving dynamic content faster then the
speed of it happening and which I would not even would like to read it.
If some people do like reading this site and do not have problem reading
it this fast I do not see any right way to cache or not cache them.

I have not seen a human that can look at the news in this site and read
it in the speed it's being updated.
In a case it's a site for Computing Systems to "read" I really don't
think you would like to block their speed in the LAN since most
operators of these systems will probably know it fast enough.

I do remember that RSS is based on http and most RSS feeds are very very
very very cache friendly.
This site should be cache friendly while the admins do not think so..

All The Bests,
Eliezer