Re: [squid-users] Re: Reverse proxy always misses cache items (dynamic pages)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:50:36 +1300

On 11/12/2013 4:16 p.m., juan_fla wrote:

> Notice two calls to index.php?title=Main_Page , both missed. Also last call
> is a HEAD request, and the headers basically show:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 02:54:15 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Via: 1.1 tourmaline.tilted.net (squid/3.3.8)
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> At this point, access.log continues showing all missed files. I really don't
> understand what I need to do in order to have squid cache using localhost,
> or to try to hit using mydomain, and I don't seem to get any information
> from the headers.

They also say that the actual object at this URL changes with any
difference in provided Cookie and Accept-Encoding headers from the
client. By reason of that containing Cookie alone the object will
usually be a MISS.

The headers say the object is a private object only to be delivered to
the one client and not to be shared with others. Squid does not cache
private information by default (and since you are running a
reverse-proxy its probably best not to use the available override).

Amos