Re: [squid-users] ip hiding in squid-3.3.8

From: Squid <squid.dev_at_arissystem.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:29:46 +0330

On 12/12/2013 1:50 PM, 0bj3ct wrote:
> Hi, Am using Squid 3.3.8. Want to prevent the Squid server to change ip
> addresses of clients. How can I do it? How to disable ip replacing in Squid?
>

> --

Hi,

To do this you've to consider multiple things:
First: Squid placement in traffic flow
As I know you've to choose one of these methods
1. Installing squid in the middle of your traffic
2. Using Cisco WCCP[2]
3. Using Policy Based Routing, this scenario ss possible using Vyatta or
Linux as router

Second: User's IP address
They should use public IP addresses.

Third: TProxy on Squid
TProxy configuration is needed on Squid itself and it's OS.

I suggest using lates stable release, not head branch. I think 3.2 or
even 3.1 are better to use specially in production environments.

--
Aris System Squid Development