Re: [squid-users] Out of sequence packets?

From: Matthew Goff <matt_at_goff.cc>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:58:59 -0600

Hi Amos,

First, sorry for the double post -- my email seemed to be having
issues yesterday.

As to my issue: What steps can I do to try and validate that this is
Squid or not? When I remove the following iptables entry and bypass
Squid I can capture tcpdump traffic on the proxy machine and see no
TCP reassemblies. Leaving the rules in place and passing traffic
through Squid begins to show TCP reassemblies again and my application
no longer works.

-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY --on-port 3128
--on-ip 0.0.0.0 --tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1
-A DIVERT -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0xffffffff

I've been using my setup for a few years without issue and have never
had an application fail to work prior to this. However when the
application fails when routing traffic through Squid yet works when I
bypass Squid, I'm not sure what else to blame or where else to look.

Thanks,

Matt Goff