[squid-users] Re: Google nosslsearch

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:35:33 -0800 (PST)

Just because of curiosity I implemented the DNS-hack you mentioned some time
ago, and it worked.
And I succeeded in removening the warning, which pops up as well, by content
adaption, to make it almost transparent.
However, your method seems to be more elegant, but, according to squid docs
for "url_rewrite_host_header off”:

>If you are running an accelerator this may not be a wanted
        effect of a redirector. This directive enables you disable
        Host: alteration in reverse-proxy traffic.<

It looks like, "url_rewrite_host_header off” only has an effect in case of
reverse proxy :-(

So I would also be interested in getting a simpler solution compared to the
DNS-hack.