[squid-users] Squid 3.x and wccp2_router crash

From: Don Brearley <donbrearley_at_hibbing.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:02:28 -0600

Hello squid-users,

I am trying to get wccp2 with squid 3.4 working on Debian Jessie (amd64). Squid itself works fine, until I
add "wccp2_router" into the mix, where then squid crashes.

When I define:

wccp2_router 1.2.3.4

I get a "Unable to convert non-IPv4 to IPv4 from [::]" errors in the log, and squid exits. There are no IPv6 addresses
in the mix anywhere, so I dont know where the [::] is originating. I have tried with IPv6 enabled and disabled in Debian.

I also see a "assertion(failed) failed" error.... i modified the code to use an ISASSERT and I get an error along
the lines of "isIPv6:Y isIPV4:N"

I have also tried FreeBSD 10-RC, and gotten the same error. I believe this to be a squid bug.

I have tried this with --disable-ipv6 and without. I have tried 3.4, 3.3, and 3.2 -- I only can get it to work under 2.7.

If I simply define 'wccp_router' -- I get no crash, but I am not interested in using wccp v1.

Anyone running 3.x and wccp2 OK out there? Can I provide details for a proper bug report?

Thanks!

- Don Brearley