Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.x and wccp2_router crash

From: Don Brearley <donbrearley_at_hibbing.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:37:36 -0600

>On Dec 16, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Don Brearley wrote:
>>
>> Hello squid-users,
>>

>> I am trying to get wccp2 with squid 3.4 working on Debian Jessie (amd64). Squid itself works fine, until I
>> add "wccp2_router" into the mix, where then squid crashes..
>>

>> When I define:
>>

>> wccp2_router 1.2.3.4
>>

>> I get a "Unable to convert non-IPv4 to IPv4 from [::]" errors in the log, and squid exits. There are no IPv6 addresses
>> in the mix anywhere, so I dont know where the [::] is originating. I have tried with IPv6 enabled and disabled in Debian.
>>

>> I also see a "assertion(failed) failed" error.... i modified the code to use an ISASSERT and I get an error along
>> the lines of "isIPv6:Y isIPV4:N"
>>

>> I have also tried FreeBSD 10-RC, and gotten the same error. I believe this to be a squid bug.
>>

>> I have tried this with --disable-ipv6 and without. I have tried 3.4, 3.3, and 3.2 -- I only can get it to work under 2.7.
>>

>> If I simply define 'wccp_router' -- I get no crash, but I am not interested in using wccp v1.
>>

>> Anyone running 3.x and wccp2 OK out there? Can I provide details for a proper bug report?
>>

>A work-around that I am using is to set
>wccp2_address 0.0.0.0
>
>It seems the default wccp2_address is [::], which seems to trigger this problem if squid is not built with IPv6 support.
>
>Regards,
>Guy

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the reply. I did fail to mention that I am also setting "wccp2_address" -- I still get the error. I have
tried compiling with and without --disable-ipv6

"wccp2_address 10.1.2.3" <-- IP of the interface for wccp to listen on.

What version of squid are you running, and which OS is it on? Thanks!

Take Care!
- Don