Re: [squid-users] Squid intercept mode loading problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:27:41 +1300

On 29/12/2013 6:16 p.m., 0bj3ct wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've configured hotspot with squid 3.3.8 in intercept mode. But web pages
> load very slowly. Can I configure squid to work faster or the speed does not
> depend on squid conf? By default hotspot speed is 2mbps, but it loads like
> 64/128 kbps.

The speed depends on what is being done to each request.

Have you configured delay_pools to limit traffic to 64/128 Kbps?

Are the requests you are testing from coming from a very slow server?

Are the requests you are testing going through a CONNECT tunnel? (ie
HTTPS traffic).

Are the responses coming from or going to a slow cache disk?

Is the proxy handling so many requests that it can't answer them all?

Is the traffic looping back through the proxy several times?

(I have more, but lets start with those ones.)

Amos