[squid-users] passthrough download manager's multipart downloads / range requests?

From: <mxx_at_mailspot.at>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 12:15:39 +0100

Hi,

Maybe because most of the time squid is used differently I'm having
troubles finding an answer to this question.
It would be very nice if someone could help me out with this :)

I only use it to filter ads and to redirect traffic to some domains
through different uplinks. I don't really need the caching.

Squid 3.4 does all of that perfectly (Linux 3.12) in intercept mode.
But download managers using multiple connections concurrently to
download 1 file are only able to use 1 connection/destination anymore.

What I've found so far are only options like range_offset_limit in
regards to cache management.

Is it possible in any way to let squid pass through and simply ignore
all connection requests to destinations with certain Content-Types so a
client could connect multiple times to the destination concurrently?

I have tried no_cache and tproxy and intercept modes but it doesn't
change anything :/

Thank you very much for your help!

Max