Re: [squid-users] Refresh pattern - object size

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:19:14 +1300

On 4/01/2014 1:28 a.m., Aris Squid Team wrote:
> On 1/3/2014 3:15 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 4/01/2014 12:25 a.m., Aris Squid Team wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there any way to apply refresh patterns to object of specific size
>>> range. I want to apply refresh patterns to objects which are bigger than
>>> a specific size.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> What refresh_pattern operation are you wanting to change based on size?
>>

>> Amos
>>

> I want all operations generally, if there is any difference?

Some operations are applied to all objects, some are applied to only
cached HIT objects when served.

The refersh_pattern regex is applied on the cache storage key. That used
to be only URL, but in Squid-3.4 and later with store-ID helper you can
adjust the key.

If you are able to determine in the store_id_program helper which
objects meet your criteria you can set the store ID to a have a tag
prefix on the URL (eg BIG_http://example.com/movies.mp4 or
SMALL_http://example.com/index.html) and have your refresh_pattern regex
check for it (refresh_pattern ^BIG_ , refresh_pattern ^SMALL_ ).

Amos