Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3 is very aggressive with memory

From: Nathan Hoad <nathan_at_getoffmalawn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 20:15:50 +1100

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> Hey Nathan,
>
> I want to go back into the basic levels which we are talking about.
> After reviewing the proxy configuration I am not sure why and how but:
> Can you start running the proxy from scratch with basic squid.conf and go
> one step at a time forward?
> If you have a network then allow this network the access.
> If you use ssl_crtd remove it and start working with basic squid.
>
> One step at a time can help you research the issue.
> If for example we do know that for 24\48 hours that the server works fine
> with no visible issue and memory growth which is out of any limit of the
> hardware we can say that we are on the basic stage of "ok" and now we need
> to find out more.
>
> Else then the memory growth(which can lead to swapping) are there any
> visible issues?
> Can you disable the ICAP service for a while for example?
>
> Eliezer
>
> * you can find me at freenode#squid

Sure, I'll strip it back as much as absolutely possible - given the
switching that I'm doing between the two instances via iptables, I can
remove the ssl_crtd config without any interruptions in normal network
activity. I'll remove all the ICAP services as well, and trim the ACLs
down as much as possible - I'll have to coordinate with my boss on
those though, so it might take a little while to sort those out :)

Thanks,

Nathan.