Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3 is very aggressive with memory

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 00:23:10 +0200

Hey Nathan,

Indeed I can be more specific.
While intercepting traffic there is a variation of routing issues which
can sometimes arise.
The interception itself makes the intercepting machine valuable to
couple "attacks" which are to be expected.
To make sure that squid is the one that is responsible there is a need
to make sure many things in lower levels do operate in the way they should.

WCCP sometimes is being configured while not understanding the deeper
issues which can be reflected in memory growth or CPU usage.

Like in the other email in the thread test first the basic assumption
that squid should work OK unless was used in the non-normal way it
should be used.

a "top" snapshot can help always but since it's only sampling sometimes
it is pretty hard to detect the issue or to pinpoint it using top only.

Once we have the ssl related configs we will be able to understand a bit
more.

Note that there is a very high possibility that the machine is fit or
unfit for specific configurations while with others will do be fine.

All The Bests,
Eliezer