AW: [squid-users] Squid 3.4 sends Windows username without backslash to external wbinfo_group helper

From: Rietzler, Markus \(RZF, SG 324 / \) <markus.rietzler_at_fv.nrw.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:53:38 +0000

i want to join this discussion.
we are using squid 3.4.2 also with ntlm_auth and winbind. only difference is that we don't use wbinfo_group. we just "need" or "use" the username. we also have the problem, that after a few minutes squid uses 100% cpu and is getting very slow. in the cache-log I can see "increase ntmm-helper" as the max number is used. I also can see in the cache manager menu output (ntlmauthenticator) that all the configured helper are "busy".

any idea about the 100% cpu usage?