Re: AW: [squid-users] Squid 3.4 sends Windows username without backslash to external wbinfo_group helper

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 22:14:08 +0200

Hey,

There was someone in the past that asked about this ntlm helper issue.
I would try in a way to use only squid to make sure what is going on at
the same time.
If you do have a number of Requests Per Second rate it will help to
understand the basic issue.

There is a complexity issue when for example a proxy was hit by 400
requests in one sec and authentication is being used.
There is also the basic issue that when authentication is being done on
a network and the network is not fast enough or it has too much latency,
the process will grow and grow over time.

100% cpu usage can be discovered sometimes but in a case the cache-mgr
is not responsive the only tools available are:
top
netstat
ss
iptables
iptraf

And there are couple other nice tools which can verify the basic
assumption that this network might need more then it have or need.

Eliezer