[squid-users] SmpScale + ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured

From: Will Roberts <ironwill42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:19:39 -0500

Hi,

I'm working with an SmpScale configuration with 2 workers defined. Each
worker has its own set of unique ports that it listens on. The
coordinator process doesn't have any http_port lines and generates tons
of these warnings:

ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured

That doesn't seem great, am I missing something? I'm sure I can work
around this by giving it some dummy port to listen on, but I'd rather
not if it doesn't really need it.

Thanks,
--Will