Re: [squid-users] SmpScale + ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured

From: Will Roberts <ironwill42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:21:54 -0500

Nathan,

I used to run two squids on my servers which provide very similar, but
different services. I'm using SmpScale to simplify that configuration
into a single squid instance with 2 workers with slightly different
configurations. Honestly, there's one line difference, here's the top of
my squid.conf:

workers 2

if ${process_number} = 1
http_port 80
endif

if ${process_number} = 2
http_port 81
hosts_file /etc/squid3/hosts
endif

I realize that in the future the DNS cache may be shared between
workers, but for the moment it isn't so this setup works :)

So I could add something like this to make squid happy, and it won't
even open the port:

if ${process_number} = 3
http_port = 64000
endif