[squid-users] Squid 3.2 doesn't build in CentOS 6

From: zeratul <mark.saunders_at_livetv.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:27:09 -0800 (PST)

I have been trying to build squid 3.2.3 on CentOS 6. I have followed the
guide at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS> , updated the
dependencies, and used the following config options as recommended there:

--prefix=/usr
--includedir=/usr/include
--datadir=/usr/share
--bindir=/usr/sbin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid
--localstatedir=/var
--sysconfdir=/etc/squid

The bootstrap and configure scripts both execute without issues but as soon
as I try to run make, it throws these errors when trying to build
compat/assert.cc:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I../include -I../lib -I../src -I../include -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcomments -Werror -pipe -D_REENTRANT -MT
assert.o -MD -MP -MP .deps/assert.Tpo -c -o assert.o assert.cc

assert.cc: In function 'void xassert(const char*, const char*, int)':
assert.cc:38: error: 'stderr' was not declared in this scope
assert.cc:38: error: 'fprintf' was not declared in this scope

Many of the other source files build correctly when I compile them
individually but the few errors that occur all seem to be related to C stdio
functions and trying to include header files such as stdio.h doesn't seem to
help.