[squid-users] Re: Squid 3.4.2 workers dying then re-spawned ones don't process connections

From: Will Roberts <ironwill42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:07:26 -0500

Okay, no takers. Maybe if I describe our infrastructure a bit something
will pop.

When we add/remove a user we push a new file over to the server and tell
squid to reconfigure itself. This can happen at most once a minute,
though usually it's much less frequent than that.

I've seen a lot of messages about closing old connections due to
lifetime timeout, is there any possibility that we're hitting a fd
limit? Or something else that would cause opening a connection to fail?

--Will