[squid-users] NOTICE: Authentication not applicable on intercepted requests.

From: Dan Charlesworth <dan_at_getbusi.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:46:01 +1100

Hi folks

I’m running a Squid 3.4.2 instance which has both intercepting http_ports and explicit ones. We use proxy_auth on the explicit connections and use myportname ACLs to bypass all the auth-related stuff on the intercepting ports. This seems to work just fine.

However, for EVERY SINGLE intercepted request we’re now getting this NOTICE printed into the cache.log. Very annoying and unnecessary; if the system simply wants to warn me of this incompatibility, isn’t once enough? During startup perhaps?

So, assuming there is isn’t some magic http_access hierarchy that will prevent this, am I going to need a patch or something?

Thanks as always.

Dan