Re: [squid-users] TPROXY does not redirect to squid port

From: Peter Warasin <peter_at_endian.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:59:21 +0100

Hi Madhav

Thank you for answers.

Well, I can bind squid on port 18080, that's not the problem, but
packets don't arrive there.
I can use also every other port, it will not work. It works only when I
bind to port 80, just as socket lookup would be made always with the
original port instead of the --on-port 18080 in this case.
but it is not. i see in debug output that it finds the socket on port 18080.

ip address is on the bridge interface, not on the physical interface and
squid is listening on 0.0.0.0

next thing i will do is trying with a more recent kernel,.. also if
3.2.54 should be sufficient. but who knows.

peter

--
:: e n d i a n
:: security with passion