Re: [squid-users] squidclamav regexp lists

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:29:59 +1300

On 2014-02-04 01:09, Marko Cupać wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know this is question for squidclamav mailing list, but I'd like to
> avoid subscribing to another list for one question only, so I'll give
> it a try here.
>
> Is it possible to specify path to list with regexes in
> squidclamav.conf, instead of writing them directly there?
>
> Longer version:
> I have squid + squidclamav + squidguard setup. I would like to have
> some sites excluded from authentication in squid, whitelisted
> in squidguard and excluded from av scan in squidclamav.

Try clamav as an ICAP service used by Squid. Whitelisting is done either
in clamav or in the squid.conf adaptation_access rules. ICAP also allows
the scanner to "step out" of the transaction at any time it determines a
pass result (less AV traffic I/O => faster overall traffic).

> As for squid and squidguard, it is possible to list those sites in
> plain txt file and reference them in squid.conf and squidGuard.conf.
> However, I don't see any example for squidclamav.conf to reference
> external file.

For what reasons do you have squidguard in the loop at all?

The model of operation Squid is primarily designed for is a central HTTP
proxy routing requests to any service necessary to complete the
transaction.

Amos