[squid-users] Squid breaking two sites, CBC.ca videos & interface.com US products

From: niagarasys <nabble_at_niagarahightech.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 09:08:51 -0800 (PST)

For at least a year and through multiple Squid updates, I've never been able
to resolve an issue experienced with two sites even after using
/always_direct/ and /cache deny/ directives.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/
- most videos won't play, you'll get the player but not the videos
- randomly a rare video will play now, but it won't play later... or vice
versa

http://www.interface.com/US/en-US/homepage
http://www.interface.com/CA/en-CA/homepage
- click Products on the top left and you can't evaluate their products
- looks like it's an Adobe Scene7 site with images hosted on Akamai
- other Adobe Scene7 sites are properly accessible

Of the two Squid boxes I have at two different locations that experience
this issue, the versions are:
Squid Cache: Version 3.2.9
Squid Cache: Version 3.2.11

I've pruned both the squid.conf to very basic configurations at both
locations and I can't get these sites to work.

Can anyone confirm they have the issue or don't have the issue or perhaps
provide insight? Thanks in advance!