Re: [squid-users] Re: squid3 block all 443 ports request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:10:16 +1300

On 2014-02-14 05:27, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Thursday 13 February 2014 at 16:19:16, khadmin wrote:
>
>> HI Antony,
>> Actually I'm trying to have something that works without any
>> restrictions
>> or control.

You mean?
  http_access allow all

- does exactly what you just said. But is very insecure as it drops
protection against attackers and the protocol smuggling vulnerabilities
in HTTP. The below from Antony is best-practice advice:

> Have you tried taking the competely default squid.conf, adding an acl
> for the
> source IP range of your network (see the example lines starting with
> "#acl
> localnet src"), and an http_access allow rule for that network range
> (see the
> example line "#http_access allow localnet"), with no other changes?
>
> That should do what you're trying to achieve.
>

> Antony.

Note that the _documentation file_ you currently have is not actually
the default config. Your Squid should have installed with a
squid.conf.default file which is the actual default configuration for
Squid. If that is missing for any reason the wiki release page contains
a copy:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid-3.3

Amos