[squid-users] Re: Unbalaned Cpu cores with squid 3.4.3 with centos 6.4 64 bit

From: Dr.x <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 03:54:19 -0800 (PST)

hi alex ,
[root_at_squid ~]# egrep 'cpu cores|physical id' /proc/cpuinfo | sort -u
cpu cores : 6
physical id : 0
physical id : 1

what i was meaning is that low byte ratio !!!!!
low bandwidth saving ??!!!!

when using noraml squid 1 instaned with 3 hardsisk each with 90 giga ,
i was saving about 30-40Mbps

now
with same load and same users and same BW
im only saving about 10-12Mbps !!!!!!

that wt i was meaning .

the question is frequently being asked .

how i implement sauqid so that it handle more requests (SMP) and make more
bandwith saving??
i think the biggest problem of smp is that shared issue which limitation in
memeory and rock store to 32 KB

why all the new efforts of squid go to increase the shared memory and shared
objects to about 1M ???

this is a big truoble in my think and need to be fixed .

agian , we all appreciate ur efforts and tired in updating squid and fixing
bugs
but i thuink this issue need a priority in work with squid developers

agian , gret thankfull for you (Alex) and for squid team developers

regards

-----
Dr.x