[squid-users] Re: Question in adding banner for ads by squid ?!!

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:17:10 -0800 (PST)

 https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+faq/1793

very well describes a few of the obstacles, although solvable. I.e. a good
solution should not rely on MIME-types, as stated in the article correctly,
but do an analysis of the datastream itself, to identify HTML to be
modified.

Regarding legal issues, as I have a good working solution, at least in my
country (not US) this issue is difficult to decide, according to the
expertise of a special lawyer for internet and copyrights, as there is no
court decision up to now. Of course, it would be a bad idea to inject an ad
for a law consulting co into another lawyers web site :-)