Re: [squid-users] Question in adding banner for ads by squid ?!!

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 09:37:31 -0700

On 02/21/2014 07:55 AM, Dr.x wrote:

> I want an proxy server that can insert an banner (customizable, like an
> frame so I can insert an banner in flash, or an html code with js) on the
> top of all the web page.
> is that possible with squid ?

Yes, it is possible with Squid, but there are caveats. One way to do
this is to use an eCAP adapter that does the ad injection. There are
production deployments doing that today AFAIK. However, please see the
following page for a list of problems such a solution would face:

 FAQ: "Can I inject ads into pages?"
 https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+faq/1793

> do i need to be programmer to do it , ?

You need to write the ad injection adapter yourself or find somebody who
can write/sell such a module for/to you. This is not rocket science, but
it is not a simple task either (because of various complications and
trade-offs mentioned at the above URL).

HTH,

Alex.