[squid-users] Re: difficulty with Squid & Ovidsp.ovid.com

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:15:51 -0800 (PST)

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
http://ovidsp.ovid.com/autologin.html
        Unable to determine IP address from host name "ovidsp.ovid.com"
The DNS server returned:
        Timeout <

Looks like a DNS problem. I can access the URL from Thailand via my squid.
So on your site, squid can not resolve ovidsp.ovid.com
You might try first to
ping ovidsp.ovid.com
from the machine, squid is installed on. If that does not work, squid has no
chance anyway, because the DNS-server used has a problem.
If it works, then there is a problem in communication between squid and the
DNS server. Posting squid.conf might give more insight.