Re: [squid-users] DANS guardian setup with squid

From: Marko Cupać <marko.cupac_at_mimar.rs>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:08:46 +0100

I have been running dansguardian for more than 5 years because I liked
the idea of on-access antivirus scanning and web filtering based on
extensions, mime types, phraselists etc.

However, lately I switched to squid + squidclamav + squidguard setup
mainly because dansguardian supports only NTLM, and not kerberos
authentication. Also, after years of usage I found out that for my
setup the only lists that were of use for me were domain and
extension blacklists, so all other dansguardian options seem like an
overkill.

Hope soon someone makes icap-based redirector for filtering domains,
extensions and mime types. I suspect mod_srv_url_check
http://c-icap.sourceforge.net/c-icap-modules.conf-0.3.x.html#mod_srv_url_check
can do it, but it's documentation is too cryptic for a humble sysadmin
as me.

--
Marko Cupać