Re: [squid-users] squid queue overload. request rejected

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:39:24 -0700

On 03/04/2014 11:39 PM, ***some text missing*** wrote:

> Not able to follow your reply.

Rephrasing Amos' reply: You have configured Squid with an external ACL
helper. That external helper cannot handle the load. In other words,
that helper program is too slow for the amount of traffic your Squid is
sending to it.

> Please suggest solution.

Solutions include:

* sending fewer Squid transactions to the external ACL helper (it is
sometimes possible to rearrange the ACL rules so that the external ACL
is not checked that often);

* making the helper program work faster;

* using more helpers;

* using more Squid workers;

* using more Squid instances; and

* sending fewer requests to Squid.