Re: [squid-users] SquidGuard redirect to parent proxy (Off-Topic)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:32:03 +1300

On 2014-03-14 05:21, Christian Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that my question is a little bit off-topic but nevertheless I
> hope that some can help me :-)
> I've configured squid3 with squidguard and one parent-proxy. In the
> case of access violation squidguard redirects the user to a customized
> block page hosted by the proxy himself.
>
> Unfortunately the proxy tries to access the local blockpage over his
> parent proxy. Does some have an idea why?

1) this is a re-write, not a redirect.
  HTTP redirects have a 3xx status code prefixing the URL in squidguard
config.
    redirect 302:http://example.com/ # redirect client to example.com
    redirect http://example.com/ # re-write URL to
http://example.com and fetch

2) you probably also have no cache_peer_access rules preventing the
parent from being a source for these ttp://<proxyname>.<localsuffix>/...
URLs.

Amos