Re: [squid-users] Re: How to log IP address after successful authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:15:34 +1300

On 2014-03-17 05:57, PavelD wrote:
> Hi,
> In my diploma thesis I need connect proxy squid, dns bind9 and
> iptables. I
> am trying to do some basic security against DNS tunnels. I want to put
> in a
> lab at school where every people has only one IP address, but If
> someone use
> multiple device to access I get record WHO IP TIME. You can not figure
> out
> how to get the IP address in the auth plugin or how to set up logging.

Okay. So it is just logging. Good.

What you can do is have an external ACL helper doing the logging using
"%SRC %LOGIN" format parameters as the line to log (excluding date) and
always returning "OK" to Squid. A ttl=86400 prevents the helper being
contacted more than once per day per user:IP pair.

logger.sh:
   #!/bin/bash

   while read id data; do
     dt=`date --utc`
     echo "${dt} ${data}" >>users.log
     echo "${id} OK"
   done

squid.conf:

   auth_param ...
   acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

   external_acl_type logger concurrency=20 ttl=86400 ... %SRC %LOGIN ...
   acl logger external logger

   http_access deny !auth
   http_access deny !logger

Amos