Re: Re: [squid-users] Issues with Opensuse12.3 with squid

From: Edmonds Namasenda <namasenda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:46:09 +0300

Back up your squid config file or any other associated files with
custom info before stopping and uninstalling the old squid. Someone
suggested copying the running squid binary too. Follow the steps below

    * This is assuming you are using the CLI
    * This is no official guide & I am not responsible for any consequences

- Log-in as root
- Type "yast2"
- Go to Software repositories
- Select Add. Choose links (from
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_repositories) & add appropriately
- Make sure the repos you have added are enabled & select Ok
- Use YAST to reinstall and it should then be able to find the latest
version available

Good luck.

# Edmonds