[squid-users] Issues with Opensuse12.3 with squid

From: Oluseyi Akinboboye <seyiakinboboye_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:08:59 +0100

Hello,

I am using a Opensuse12.3 with squid as a gateway & squid though its not transparent! I would like to know how to do the following
1. Allow the following port have access in the network; ports 25, 110, 465, 995 and other specific ports required for specific mail servers to work.
2. The squid seems to slow down after a few hours on the job; although there are a few clients on transparent and a few on non-transparent proxies here! Is there any script or such that will make the squid box refresh itself every few hours or so?
3. The clients who are not using the proxy are doing so due to the fact that they won’t be able to pull and or push their emails due to firewall restrictions from the squid!
4. After a few days can we release the contents of the squid so as not to have a filled up squid?

I await your responses.

Thanks