Re: [squid-users] Re: Duration Access Limits

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 20:49:33 +1300

On 5/04/2014 7:43 p.m., Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
> Thanks Meyer.
> While I always want to get my hands dirty, I have not yet written any
> squid helpers.
> Point me somewhere for starters.
> And please note that because the WiFi will be a free service, I do not
> want to incur more costs on equipment (Mikrotik) unless it is the only
> alternative. Any specifics off Mikrotik you can recommend?

Squid bundles with a few helpers you could look at for inspiration ...

 * time quota helper
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/manuals/ext_time_quota_acl.html>

 * session helper with BerkleyDB backend
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/manuals/ext_session_acl.html>

 * session helper with SQL backend
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/manuals/ext_sql_session_acl.html>

... of these I think the SQL session helper is probably most able to be
adapted. Since you have to provide the DB management code/scripts you
can easily make those do the timing part of your requirements. The
helper just checks if the SQL DB session record is currently active or not.
 With the others you would have to alter their code slightly to meet all
your crieria.

Amos