Re: [squid-users] Squid not sending request to web

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:51:54 +1200

On 10/04/2014 12:09 p.m., fordjohn wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have squid 3.3.8 configured as a transparent proxy. My router is
> redirecting web requests on port 80 to the squid box on port 3128. The
> problem is that the request is returned url could not be retrieved. My
> configuration file is below. I am hoping that some one can take a look at
> it and help me resolve this issue. The proxy server works when I direct
> traffic to port 3128 using the browser. Router script is below the config
> file.

It is mandatory that the NAT operation be performed *only* on the Squid
box. If NAT is performed anywhere else the IP address information needed
by Squid to verify connections is missing.

Use policy routing in iptables to direct traffic from the router to the
Squid box without NAT.
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute

Amos