Re: [squid-users] Cache Chrome updates

From: Nick Hill <nick_at_nickhill.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:09:08 +0100

Hi Jaspar

I use an expression like this, which will work on almost all Limux
machines, Cygwin on windows and I expect Mac OSX or a terminal in
Android so long as you have a version of grep similar to GNU grep.

echo "http://cache.pack.google.com/edgedl/chrome/win/34.0.1847.116_33.0.1750.154_chrome_updater.exe"
| grep -Pi "pack.google.com/.*\.(exe|crx)"

This shows a match, so I think your expression is OK.

Do you have any refresh_pattern entries earlier in your squid.conf
which may inadvertently match?

I see some of your requests have a query string attached. Many
squid.conf recipies have the following, which will block caching of
URLs with query strings.
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

If you want to see the part of your query string after the ? in your
log, you will have to add this to your squid.conf:
strip_query_terms off

But for privacy reasons you may not want to leave this on.