Re: [squid-users] Cache Chrome updates

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 18:01:03 +1200

On 17/04/2014 7:40 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Amos,
>
> I have a tiny question which I am not sure about the answer(related to
> the topic).
> What would happen in the case which we deny reply or request headers?
> Would squid look at the Vary (headers as an example) and decide if it's
> a "Vary" object or it would "see" the request or\and response without
> the headers?

Squid works on the received headers. The request/reply header "denial"
directives only change the outgoing sent headers.

If you remove/deny a header with the Squid directives all you do is
screw up the recipients abilities which are based on receiving that header.

> Or, would squid suppose to write the full response headers to the Disk
> and Memory object at the same shape it was received from the server?

Yes it would. The removal is done on delivery of HITs.

> As far as I can tell ICAP removes the headers before caching it to disk.

Yes, ICAP works far earlier in the transaction processing. In particular
ICAP is done before caching the object in order to prevent having to
ICAP process all HITs.

Amos