Re: [squid-users] Re: How to make Squid 3.3.8 a transparent proxy?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 00:51:59 +0300

Lets start from 0 once again.
I will need some details.
What OS are you using?
What is the squid server place in the house? is it also the Gateway?
The iptables rules might be wrong but the first thing to do is fix the
basic settings and then see the logs.
The basic thing is to define the local network with an acl rule such as:
##START
acl localnet src 192.168.2.0/24
http_access allow localnet Safe_Ports
##END
or something similar.
The localnet should be your lan segment address space.

After adding the rules properly(note that squid reads the rules from
tops to buttom and first HITs is the basic acl rule which squid obeys).
If it's not working try regular basic setup with only one port listening
and the proxy settings are defined manually in the browser.
It might be a problem that is not related directly to you but it can be
otherwise.

Lets try the above fist.

Eliezer