Re: [squid-users] MISSes on cacheable object

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 01:08:10 +0300

OK and still I have objects which are identical and can be downloaded by
firefox with a HIT but the original client which downloads the file will
not fetch it.
The issue is kind of really odd.
It's maybe an issue for another thread but lets start from 0 to debug it
on a "fast track to find the reason" with basic debugging.
The basic test is to use squidclient or wget with verbose output of headers.
Then add debug_options ALL,1 11,2
The next step will be to use the debug section of cachability decisions
which states if the object is cachable or not.
Then the decision of if it was swapped_in to cache.
Next step is to try to download the same object with WGET or squidclient
(or curl with no or specific headers) you can try links which might be
another good choice.

Now there is a HIT for this specific object.
If it's not working there is another issue which we cannot see yet.

Eliezer