Re: [squid-users] help with zph_mode in squid 2.7

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 22:22:03 +1200

On 3/05/2014 11:46 a.m., Soporte Técnico wrote:
> Hi people, i had a couple of freebsds boxes with squid 2.7 transparent mode
> running, i recently see zph configuration directive, i didn´t know about
> that.
>
> The question is: zph override source ip from cached HIT object?

No. ZPH does nothing with IPs. All it does is set the TOS/DiffServ value
on packets leaving Squid.

> I had no mikrotik hardware runing together, so i had firewall rules (ipfw)
> that allow traffic in my internal network, if i enable zph as:
>
> #ZPH CONFIGURATION
> zph_mode tos
> zph_local 0x30
>

> Cached objects are going to have source ip origin with my squid box ip?

Cached objects do not have IPs.

*Packets* will follow the rules you setup for the "transparent"
interception. If you make those rules depend on the TOS value set by ZPH
then you have done the interception wrong - *all* traffic returning to
the client from Squid needs TOS marking, not just the packets containing
HIT objects.

Amos