Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.8 does not work with mobile app

From: csn233 <csn233_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 15:17:53 +0800

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM, 0bj3ct <hsnvv_at_box.az> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Squid 3.3.8 on Ubuntu 13.10. I've configured squid to filter wifi
> network, which will be used mostly bu mobile users. When I use mobile
> browser, squid filters all traffic thats fine, but it does not allow
> internet to any mobile application. For example, I logged in to linkedin
> android application, and there is no internet. How can I fix it?

Don't know about Linkedin, but many mobile apps are not proxy-aware.
They simply attempt to connect direct to the internet, ignoring the
proxy settings on the phone. So those apps will not work with a normal
proxy.

However, those not proxy-aware apps do work with an
intercept/transparent proxy, because it's as the word implies,
transparent to them.