Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.4.5 is available

From: Amm <ammdispose-squid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 21:37:24 +0530

I agree with Martin.

Squid is very widely used software and this move may break lots of
things for many administrators.

autoconf, automake, gcc may depend on other softwares and so even those
other softwares may also require update. Updating those softwares may
also break other softwares which depend on older versions.

So its going to be huge task for administrator.

I am also surprised that this change (a major one in my opinion) was
made in minor-minor release.

As Martin suggested may be this change should be pushed to Squid 4.x
major version.

So please consider the request.

Thanks and regards,

Amm.