Re: [squid-users] Re: Skype issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 21:22:18 +1200

On 23/05/2014 5:27 a.m., brekler wrote:
> Dude, i was looking the logs again... its weird... since if i try to connect
> with "skype name" it works, but with microsoft account it does not work,and
> i have no idea why...

I suspect you are getting confused between login to the proxy and login
to the service. What is visible in the logs is explicit login to the
proxy (407) rather than login to the web service (401).

You need to discover what the difference is between these "Skype name"
and "Microsoft account" logins. I've only hear those terms used in
reference to web service (401) login systems. Login to the proxy (407)
is usually referred to as "windows integrated login", "AD login", "LDAP
login" or other LAN related things.

> I dont know why skype isnt sending the login and password, looking the logs
> i can see its not sending the credentials only sometimes... and sometimes
> is.. i dont know whats going on

I think you need to take a few minutes to read through this wiki page.
Particularly the top section on how authentication works in Squid (or
any proxy)
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Authentication

Amos