Re: [squid-users] google picking up squid as

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 14:04:51 +1200

On 8/06/2014 5:06 a.m., Lawrence Pingree wrote:
> I use the following but you need to make sure you have no looping occurring in your nat rules if you are using Transparent mode.
>
> forwarded_for delete
> via off

Given that the notice is above traffic volume arriving at Google (not
looping) you probably actually need "via on" to both protect against
looping and tell google there is a proxy so they should use different
metrics.

You could also cache to reduce the upstream connection load. Squid does
in-memory caching well enough for up to MB sized objects if you give it
some cache_mem and remove that "cache deny all" (cache_dir is optional
and disabled by default in squid-3).

Amos