Re: AW: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.8 NTLM problems

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:33:29 +1200

On 17/06/2014 5:45 p.m., Manfred Mayer IT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your suggestions on the config, I changed the lines as you proposed. But I'm still having the issue with the multiple popups at first logon with IE. Do you have any idea to this?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Mana

It is worth being aware of several things:
* NTLM is a domain-based protocol, it can only be used with on-domain
computers or user accounts.
* that NTLM protocol was officialy deprecated by MS back in 2006.
* that all MS software written since then has preferred Kerberos and at
most allowed falback to NTLMv2.
* NTLMv2 is not able to be used by any non-domain machine.

So the problem is to find out why the non-domain machines are not
correctly using Basic authentication (not having on-domain NTLM
credentials to use).

BTW, is IE 11 being used or something older?

Amos