Re: [squid-users] squid error

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:52:40 +0200

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Kohichi Kamijoh <KAMIJOH_at_jp.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Kinkie,
>
> Thank you for your quick response.
>
> This message was created by a unique system which we own.
>
> Is version 3.4 supported by Windows 7? Also, is this "Squid Malformed Host
> Name Error" fixed by this version?

Aha!
No, unfortunately Squid 3 is not yet working on Windows. Contributions
in terms of code or sponsored development are of course welcome
towards that goal.
I was asking the question because maybe the host name _is_ malformed
after all, in this case you may want to see the check_hostnames
configuration directive
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/check_hostnames/).

I cannot tell if the issue is fixed, because without knowing the
hostname I can't tell if this is a problem in squid or in the system
you refer to.

   Kinkie