[squid-users] RE: SSL decryption problem using Mozilla Firefox

From: Makkok <szemolbakk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 07:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Elizer,

Let me clarify the issue;

I successfully set up squid with ssl bumping feature /man in the middle
proxy/ against my home network.
Everything works perfect. I see the access.log every https connection url.
To check if it is really working, besides theaccess.log, I started sniffing
the traffic on the proxy interface.
And the issue begins from here.
If I sniff traffic generated by Internet Explorer, I can decrypt the sniffed
traffic via Wireshark.
But in case in Firefox or Opera, I cannot decrypt the packets, even though I
own the private key of the root CA(of course).
What should be the problem?
Thanks!