Re: [squid-users] ext_session_acl in active mode issue.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 07:42:14 +0300

I have written this session helper in ruby:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/SessionHelper

It uses TokyoTyrant as DB and there for supports concurrency.
The squid.conf example can be seen here:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/SessionHelper/Conf

It works..
The first time you try to enter a site it will redirect you to the
splash page.
The splash page then has an "accept" button which opens a page that does
the "login" and register the user ip in the DB.
Once you press the accept and register you can start surfing the web for
30 minutes.
I have not used command line defined variables for now.

 From what I have tried until now the ext_session_acl has a bug which
can be tested like this:
start the application and enter the lines:
1 8.8.8.8
1 8.8.8.8 LOGIN
1 8.8.8.8
and quit.
Then run the same exact ext_session_acl command and enter:
1 8.8.8.8

The IP still should be in login state and return OK but my testings on
Ubuntu 14.04 + squid 3.4.5 compiled from src it seems like it returns
"ERR message="no session.."

I will later file a bugreport.

Eliezer